I need a quick fix of cookies and chocolate. But it's a bit hot today, and I don't want to melt in my kitchen. Plus, I want them without the hassles and could be done within 15 minutes. For that, I come to this. A real easy, guaranteed satisfaction *for me at least*, but had to wait for it to firm up. No biggie for me. I just need to be patient *tough!*
Well, after counting every minute on the clock; here is the awaited freezer cookies! The recipe was given by a close friend of mine, Z, way back during my high school days. It has always been a crowd pleaser... ^_^
Usually, I don't measure the ingredients. I just used whatever I have, and adjusted the crackers to accommodate the chocolate mixture.
The cookies look a little bit dry here cause I put in too much crackers. You could reduce the amount of crackers if you like it to have more chocolate. Nonetheless, these are still as good!
Easy Freezer Cookies
- Cake pan /cookie sheet *lined with cling wrap or parchment paper with overhang*
- 1 packet of crackers of your choice, crushed *I use Marie crackers, coffee flavor. About 40+ pieces*
- 250 g butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 tin of condensed milk
- 4 heaping Tbsp cocoa powder
- Heat a medium pan on low heat, melt the butter. careful not to let the butter browned
- Once 80% of the butter has melted, put in condensed milk and cocoa powder. stir to incorporate
- Remove from heat and stir in all crushed crackers, folding to coat the pieces with chocolate mixture
- Put in prepared pan, cover with cling wrap and pressed tightly with your hand so that the cookie pieces stick together*i divide mine into two 9 inch rectangle cake pan*
- Let it cool down in room temperature, then transfer to the fridge for at least 1-2 hours
- Cut with a sharp knife to serve