I love the weather today. It's been sunny all day. And with the evening breeze whispering softly, I was inspired to bake something softer too. Two days ago I posted a muffin recipe that's perfect for breakfast or just for snacking.
And today, using the same recipe plus a few tweaks, I serve this lovely jewels to you...
Jeweled Tea Cakes
Makes 24 mini sized & 4 regular muffins sized
You'll gonna need this muffin's recipe as a guidance. Then, a few tweaking on the recipe:
- Add 1 tsp baking powder to the flour mixture
- Substitute low-fat milk for the coconut milk
- Use 1/2 cup mix of chopped dried cranberries and raisins or any dried fruits of your choice instead of 1 cup chocolate chips
- Sprinkled toasted chopped peanuts on top before baking
- Bake the mini sized cakes for 10 minutes and the regular sizes for 12 minutes, at 180 C
- Serves with tea, unsweetened is the best!