How not to skip breakfast?
It seems like a trivial question. But have we ever ask ourselves that question? Now that's something to ponder on.
A full stomach makes a happy day - Me
People always get cranky on empty stomach. Not to mention it's hard to focus during work. Some people said that they skip breakfast just to save time going to work. If you're up early enough for work, you don't have to rush right? And there's always breakfast-on-the-go. Like this one here. Perfect for the rushing kind!
This muffin was packed with tropical flavor. It smells really good during baking that makes you couldn't wait to eat it just out of oven! But please, refrain from doing so. It would be piping hot and you don't want to harm your taste buds just yet.
Pineapple Crunch Muffin
Makes 12 large muffins
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup corn oil
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- Chopped peanuts for topping
- Preheat oven at 200 C (400 F)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour + brown sugar + baking powder + bicarbonate soda + salt
- In smaller bowl, mix together mayonnaise + water + corn oil + vanilla
- Add the liquid into dry mixture and fold until just combined. Add in the crushed pineapple, and incorporate it into the batter
- Divide the batter evenly into 12 large muffin cups, sprinkle crushed peanuts on top
- Bake for 18 - 20 minutes, or until tops are golden brown. It's done when toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. *Baking time might differ between oven. Check after 15 minutes*
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes then transfer on cooling rack to cool completely. The muffin taste best at warm temperature. For more indulgence, pour any kind of jam that has been diluted to syrup consistency over the warm muffins. Enjoy!
^_^ Grab one for breakfast, and save two for snacking at 10 am!