Sep 6, 2011

The One That Didn't Break



Have you ever wish that you could turn back time? 

That's how I felt while baking these sweet little treats one week before Eid. I'm pretty sure some of you are familiar with it. These sweet cookies that will melt in your mouth is called Kuih Bangkit. I have no idea why it was named as it is. But this is the first time that I attempted making it.

We had a lot of fun baking the cookies. It always remind us of our late grandmother who never fails to bake them for Eid. Our nenek *that's what we called our grandmother* would make kuih bangkit without referring to any recipe. As far as I remember, she managed making the cookies looked evenly and tasted as good. 

But not every time the cookies came out perfect. Other times, we haven't such luck. The cookies will came out so hard that when nenek threw it to the wall, it doesn't even break! That's how hard it gotten. She'll give up baking for that day. But on the next day, she will be at it again... ^_^ 

Looking at the picture, the kuih bangkit looks perfect. Evenly shaped. But it doesn't taste the same as the one baked by nenek. It doesn't melt in the mouth and tasted like flour. I guess we have to give it another go at making it. It requires few ingredients and pretty easy to do. Hmm, I can't imagine what went wrong in the process that we have not achieved the melting sensation... 

Anyhow, that's why I wished to turn back time. So I can watch nenek making kuih bangkit again...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis