Apr 11, 2011

I Totally Forgot...


I woke up today feeling a little odd. Like I was forgetting something. Yeap, something important. But I dismissed the feeling and went about doing my usual chores. As I was about to go into the living room, I noticed the calendar that shows today's date. 11th April. 


Hm...that odd feeling came back. Okay...What is it about this date that bugged me so much? I wondered. Then I went into the kitchen and saw my sister. It hit me at once. Oh yeah, that thing I forgot. Was my sister's birthday. Which is TODAY. How can I forget this? Bad sister...

Luckily it was still early in the morning and still not too late wishing her, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Guess I'll have an excuse to bake something sweet and nice after all...

Black Magic Cupcakes
Yield 12 regular size cupcakes and 10 large
  • 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 3/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 cup black coffee
  • 1 cup buttermilk (I used 1 Tbsp vinegar + milk to equal 1 cup)
  • 2 eggs, unbeaten
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  1. Preheat the oven to 175 C
  2. In a big mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients. Stir everything together
  3. Then, make a hole in the center and add in the wet ingredients one by one
  4. With electric mixer, whisk the mixture on low speed until there are no more lumps. This will take about 2 minutes. The finish batter will be very thin and runny
  5. Fill paper cups to 3/4 full. Bake normal size cupcakes for 15 minutes and the larger ones for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean
  6. Let cool totally on wire racks before frosting. You can use whatever frosting you desired. Buttercream, cream cheese or even ganache!  I used my favorite buttercream frosting then topped some of the cupcakes with fondants. It was fun!
These weren't all of the cupcakes. We've got to taste one or two to make sure it tasted GOOD... 

We put orange dotted mushroom...

A little pink heart...

Cute pinky bunny...

To make sure each one of the cupcakes end up like THIS! ^_^


4 comments:

  1. Wow.. Sedapnya nampak.. WIsh besday jugak for your sister..

    ReplyDelete
  2. omaigoddddd.... how did i miss this post? gonna make some tonight! with cream cheese frosting. yums!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hohoho... cream cheese frosting sounds GOOD.... :D
    chocolate & cheese = super yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis