Apr 26, 2011

Sunshine on Toast!


I made a small jar of pineapple jam today on a whim. Hey, it's a sunny day. Why not having something that remind me of sunshine? So I gathered all things required and quickly set about the task. We bought two pineapples from a local market last week and luckily there was one left. We love to eat the pineapples raw, but too much of it could get you a sore throat. Best to put it into good use before it starts to rotten up! 


The finished jam is the BEST I've tasted so far compared to store bought and the previous jam I've made. It's a total knockout! Even those in my family who aren't so keen for pineapple jam have taken a liking on it. I must say that this is a winning recipe... 

There are lots of recipe on the net on how to make pineapple jam. Basically, all the recipes call for pineapples, sugar and water. But not to fret, it is so versatile you could adjust the taste and the sweetness according to your preferences. 

The amount of water and sugar is depending on how much pineapple you use. I like to keep the tartness of the pineapple so I use only a little amount of sugar in the recipe. Plus, I've added in some lime juice. Says it will enhance the pineapple flavor. After one taste, I'm totally agree! Usually, I made the jam with cinnamon and cloves add-in. But pineapple and lime sounds like sunshine, I just had to give it a try. Now lets get to the recipe!

Chunky Pineapple Lime Jam
Makes one small jar


  • 2 1/2 cups crushed fresh ripe pineapple
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
  1. Combine all ingredients in a small heavy bottom pot
  2. Boil on medium low heat for 45 minutes until thickens and only small amount of liquid left to keep the jam moist
  3. Spoon into jar, and let cool before using. Can also be serves warm on toast with a little butter
  4. Cool totally before storing in the fridge
Serves warm on buttered toast...Yummy goodness!!

Made this oatmeal bun for breakfast today. I'll be posting the recipe soon...

Sunshine in a plate!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis