I've been eyeing this recipe for so long now. Just haven't gotten around to do it. But the past weekend has given me a chance to try the recipe. Well, it was so easy to do with merely three ingredients. *You've read that right. Only three!!!* Plus an extra time on your hand.
Mind you, this cake is not a mix-and-bake-right-away kind of cake. So you've got to plan ahead. The usual fruitcake will always tasted dry and crumbly. Not this one. It's so moist and sort of like eating a fruit bar!
Adapted from 4 Ingredients
- 1 kg dried mixed fruit
- 2 cups juice
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- Combine mixed fruit and juice, let marinate in the fridge overnight
- Preheat oven to 125 degrees Celsius. Mix 2 cups self-raising flour into the mixed fruit mixture. Stirring to combine
- Pour into a cake tin (greased and lined with parchment paper), bake for about 2 hours (check after 1 1/2 hours)
- Turn out to cool completely on cooling rack
- I used 350g of mixed raisins and dried cranberries soaked in orange juice
- If you dislike a tart cake, I suggest using apple juice instead to marinate the mixed fruits. I guess the combination of orange juice and cranberries was not very clever. I still like it though. Next time, I'll try using apple juice. Hehehe ^_^
- Keep in the fridge. Only took out if you want to serve