No-Egg, No-Ice Cream Mixer Ice Cream
- 2 cans of evaporated milk
- 1 cup of full-cream milk
- 1/2 cup of sugar *add more if you like sweeter ice cream*
- 1 Tbsp strawberry flavor *or any other flavors*
- Red food coloring *optional*
- Heat evaporated milk, full cream milk and sugar in a small heavy bottom pot until the sugar dissolved
- Remove from heat once the milk starts to bubble
- Stir in the flavoring. Let the liquid mixture cool off totally, then transfer into a medium plastic bowl. Cover the surface directly with a cling wrap to prevent skin from forming. Freeze until totally set, about 2 hours or more
- Took out from freezer, and break out the ice cream crystals with electric mixer until soft and mushy. Add the coloring. Whip the mixture again. The volume will be doubled after whipped up. Freeze again until set. Do this step a couple more times to get a nice, creamy ice cream
After the last whipping process, transfer into a plastic container with lid and freeze again until set before indulge in. Took quite a long time before you get a taste, but it was worth it. Though you can skip all the whipping process if you have an ice cream maker on hand. Saves you some time!
As for me, the whipping process brings back fond memories. So I'm gonna stick to it! Traditional and all... Here's what I did to serves this delectable ice cream:
|Ice Cream Bun anyone? ^_^ I remembered bought one of this after school! Yummy...|
Last but not least, crumble in leftovers of this fantastic fruitcake I made over the weekend. Perfect!