Watching the hottest dance show on 8TV *Showdown 2011, what else?!* could make you go hungry. As if your energy was spent along with the dancers on stage. The show has some very promising dance crews with their own style of choreography.
My favorite crews *notice the plural...^_^*, have to be the two strongest crews in the show. HMC Phlow and Elecoldxhot.
See them move...
Both crews are very entertaining as well as talented. The way they executed their carefully choreographed dance to match the chosen theme every week, deserves 10/10 stars from me. I have to say, they are competing neck to neck with each other!
To get back the energy, let's have a little supper that's not only light but also very fulfilling. ;)
Light & Easy Tomato Soup
- 1 large red tomato, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 chicken sausages, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced
- 3 tsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp Italian herbs
- 1 small red chili, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- 1/3 cup elbow pasta
- A sprig of parsley, finely chopped
- Wholewheat crackers to serve *optional*
- In a small pot, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil then brown the sliced sausages. Took the sausages out, leaving the oil behind and stir in the chopped onion and garlic. Stir until the onions are translucent, then add in the sliced carrot and diced tomato
- Stir fry about 1 minute. Then add in tomato puree, Italian herbs, sliced red chili and black pepper. Cook until fragrant, then add water, salt and elbow pasta. Turn up the heat to high and let the soup cook until boiling for about 3 minutes
- Taste the pasta, it should be about al dente. Add back in pot the cooked sausages and the chopped parsley. Stir the soup to mix everything together and adjust the seasoning
- Serves hot in a bowl with some wholewheat crackers crumbled on top if you like. It makes the soup more fulfilling with added fiber