One thing that I love about pasta is how easy and quick a meal can be prepared. Like this one. Seriously when you don't feel like cooking but still have to, a quick pasta dish is perfect for you. It takes no more than 20 minutes.
This is a basic pasta recipe that can be easily modified. You can add any protein you like while cooking the sauce though it won't be necessary. Just so you know, the sauce was really green! You might be turn-off by the color of the sauce if you have anything against green. But trust me, the dish was more than meet the eyes.
Spinach and Peanut Pesto Pasta
Adapted from Giada's Recipe
- 2 cups pasta *I used spirals*
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup peanuts *toasted*
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 - 2 tsp grated lime peel
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper *To your taste*
- 1/3 cup finely grated cheddar
- Cook pasta according to the package. Reserves about one cup of the starchy water
- Using a blender or food processor, blend spinach leaves + peanuts + garlic + lime juice + lime peel + olive oil until mixture looks creamy * you might have to stir the mixture a few times*
- Seasoned with salt and pepper
- In a hot pan, put a tablespoon of olive oil. Add in half of the pesto into the pan, stirring a few times. Then add in reserved starchy water along with the cooked pasta
- Toss everything together until the pasta is well coated with pesto sauce. Stir in the cheddar cheese. Turn off heat and serve!
Bon Appétit! ^_^