I had this situation often. Cookie craving.
No, scratch that. Make it chocolate chips cookie craving.
The thing is, making chocolate chip cookies requires a large pan (in my house) plus tremendous (if you're not in the mood or just lazy) labor to scoop up the cookie dough onto the baking sheet. For once, I'm not up to it.
So how to fix that? Easy as a pea!
Just dump the whole thing in the pan and bake them all together!
^_^ And to make it a lot more EASIER, ask someone else to do the whole thing for you a.k.a your sister. Now hit on for the rest of it!
Chocolate chips Cookie Bar
Makes 21 (2.5 x 1 inch) bars
- 1/ 2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 175C (350 F). Grease an 8 x 8 inch square pan. Line with parchment/baking paper with a little overhang on the sides
- Melt butter until slightly brown in color then pour in a heatproof bowl
- Whisk in brown sugar, followed by egg and vanilla. Beat thoroughly. Add in salt and flour, stir until smooth. Add in chips and mix to combine
- Pour the batter into prepared pan, and bake for 20-25 minutes in preheated oven
- Let cool in the pan until warm to touch. Remove from pan using the overhang paper. Cut into bars. Let cool completely before storing in airtight container
To get the perfect 'cookie connoisseur' look, eat these with a glass of ice cold milk!