Oct 24, 2013

A Need to Celebrate : Choconana Cake

Alright. I hope this gets to you my friends. Though I've been away too long, I pray that someone still remember that this little page exists. And to those visited even once in awhile, thank you so much! Taking a little time away from something constant could do you some good. It will refresh you somehow.

To commemorate that I am back online, how about we celebrate it with some cakes?

I made this delicate chocolate cake in early October when I craved some chocolate cake but wanted to veer from my go-to recipe of moist chocolate cake. This time, I'm gonna do a soft, fluffy cake. Something light in texture.



After a little bit of research a.k.a googling, I set my cap on THIS particular recipe. The cake itself was so soft, light and crumbly, albeit a little bit dry by itself. No harm there, of course. I was planning to sandwich the layers with chocolate whipped cream and sliced bananas. For the finishing touch, I pour chocolate ganache glaze on top.  


The original recipe yield a two layers 9 inch cake make me decided to halve the recipe to be baked in two 7 inch round pans for 23 minutes. And because I don't have sour cream on hand, I substitute it with plain yogurt. Other than that, all the ingredients were as stated. 


Only one word to describe this. 


Perfection.


Until then. ^_^



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis