I was never a fan. Before.
I've already established that my love is solely for chocolate. Given that I ate this cake only once in a while, I can't say that this is the ultimate tiramisu. Though me and my sisters thought the taste's almost quite the same as the one that we've had from a local bakery... ;)
And guess what, making such a delectable dessert on your own does has it's own merit. Surely from now on, the delicate dessert is going to be one of my favorites!
24 pieces (or more) ladyfingers (savoiardi)
200 g cream cheese
2 cups whipping cream
1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups cold extra-strong coffee (for dipping)
Cocoa powder and grated chocolate (for topping)
- Make the filling first. In a cold bowl, whip the cream until you get the soft peak. Add in cream cheese + powdered sugar + vanilla extract. Whip the ingredients together until it becomes smooth and creamy mixture. Store in the fridge, covered, if not using it right away
- Now, dip the ladyfingers in the cold coffee for 1 to 2 seconds then layer the bottom of any container/pan of your choice. *Don't dip the fingers all at once. It will get soggy!*
- Once the bottom is covered, pour half of the filling over it, making sure any gap is covered. Then lightly dust cocoa powder to cover the entire filling
- Repeat the layering process, then dusting the top with cocoa powder. Cover (without touching the surface) and refrigerate at least 4 - 8 hours (overnight is best)
- Before serving, dust some more cocoa powder on top and finish with grated chocolate. Enjoy!
|Can't hardly believe how easy it was...|
|Half of it was eaten during the AJL 26!|