Oct 1, 2012

Hard Learn Lessons


Morning folks!

As much as I love the calmness in my home nowadays, I started to miss bickering with my little brother. *yes, we still acted like children at home* It has been almost two weeks now since he gone away for college at the northern part of the country. So very far from home actually. 

But since he's the one insisted on going there in the first place, all his complaints about the lack of everything fell on deaf ears. "Man up." was the gist of what my dad said to him during their conversation over the phone when he called to check up on this little brother of mine. Though I felt sorry for him, I guess it's about time he learns to not take everything for granted. 

That aside, I'm not sorry to make these pancakes at all! 

Truly hit the jackpot when I made them during one evening when I had the crave for red bean steam buns but lacking the enthusiasm to make them. The blend of crispiness, sweetness and chewiness of the pancakes really blown me away. *I'm such a sucker for red bean everything! wink*  



 Red Bean Pancakes 


2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 cup boiling water
2 Tbsp sesame oil
Ready-made sweet red bean paste
Oil, for frying

  1. Mix : Flour + salt in a mixing bowl
  2. Add in boiling water. Use a spoon to stir until the mixture starts forming a dough
  3. Cover with a damp towel and let it rest for 30 minutes
  4. Knead the rested dough until smooth, cut into two. Divide each dough into 5 or 6 smaller parts
  5. Take one dough, flatten slightly on your palm, brush on sesame oil over it and spoon about one tablespoon red bean past in the middle. Wrap it up as making a bun. Set aside. Sprinkle some rice flour onto a clean surface (to prevent sticking) and roll out each filled dough as thinly possible without making the filling weep out
  6. Fill the rest of the dough. Heat flat pan over medium heat with just a little oil for frying. Fry one or two pancakes until nicely brown (taking about 2-3 minutes each side)
  7. Serve warm with a cup of black coffee or tea

Caution: Do not consume rightly after cooked. It might appear warm on the skin but the filling will be extremely hot. Let cool for 10 minutes or so. ^_^


See that sweet filling? Drool worthy! 


2 comments:

  1. Gotta try this.

    by the way, which college did ur brother get into? My brother's also on the north part. Kedah to be specific.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he's in KATPM, Perlis. Couldn't get any more far than that! ^_^

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis