Apr 7, 2012

Just Roll It


For those with obsession with breads and the likes, let us venture on a new quest of a sweet dough that could turn into numerous other sweet, or not so-sweet things! 



Okay, that opening was kind of lame. However, THAT crescent roll surely wasn't lame at all. I've made a lot of sweet rolls, and shouldn't have bother trying a new recipe. But, that's the thing for a bread lover/baking junkie; you'll never have enough. 

This time, I tried a master recipe for sweet dough from bonappetit. The instructions were easy enough to follow, and guess what? I truly followed the steps even using one of the method it suggested. Though the satisfaction of kneading the dough itself was none, it's probably for the best.


The dough was pretty sticky to the point of aggravating if I was to knead it myself. So I'm glad the machine did all the work! After the proofing time, the dough was easier to handle. What I did for the rolls: I divided the dough into 2. Then roll it on floured surface into a rectangle, later cut it into 10 triangles. 


Put one tablespoon of jam at the wide center, I used homemade cranberry jam, then roll it towards the pointy end. Place on greased baking sheet, seam side down. Let rise again for 30 minutes until puffed, bake for 12-15 minutes in preheated oven of 200 C (400 F). The tops should be golden brown. The other half of dough, I filled with chocolate for a chocolaty treat... ^_^




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis